11 March 2013

the one... with more mess

Well the mess continues at the cottage but you won't hear any complaints from me.

I mean really, how could I, it has only been in the past week and it looks like it may be only another week and it will be finished.

You may remember I am moving the kitchen to a new space in the cottage which will free up the old kitchen to become a spare room.

This is the current state of the old kitchen.


It has been a busy week with the plumber installing the sink and pipes in the laundry.  The room still needs another cupboards and shelving but it is starting to feel like a room with a purpose.


The electrician has also been in to install all of the new power points.  That's what you can see here sticking out of the wall.  The gas fitter has installed the new pipe for the cooktop - that's it with the glamorous plastic bag tied around it so I don't walk into it (this is very likely given recent events).


It seems to be happening very quickly.  I got a phone call from the cabinet maker on Thursday afternoon to say the cabinets will be delivered on Friday morning and he would like to make an early start in the afternoon.  Originally he was to start on Saturday.

It was funny, on my way home on Friday night I phoned mum to let her know that the cabinet maker had contacted me to say he had gotten most of the work done and would only need a couple of hours on Saturday morning to finish.  The next works out of mum's mouth was to say she was grabbing her keys and locking up her house.  She was just as excited as I was!

I knew she would beat me there but had promised she wouldn't go inside without me.

This is what we found.


Did you notice Charlie in the corner with the freaky eyes!?

I think there was a squeal from me and there was definitely a little dancing.

We were both amazed at just how much he had done in a single afternoon.  He has since been back and installed the handles, adjusted the door hinges and sealed the many gaps (these lovely old homes are always out of whack).

This week the benchtop will be measured and hopefully installed and the electrician, plumber and gas fitter will finish up their jobs.

I'll be back during the week with more updates.

Have a fabulous week.

Lisa xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...