6 March 2013

the one... with the mess


This is how I have been living for the past few days.

I've had a big weekend of moving furniture from one end of the room to the other.  This was all done because the kitchen is about to happen.

Yep, I got the call late last week to say it will be delivered on Friday and then installed on Saturday.

SOOOO there is lots do between now and then.

First, I started taking things out of the hutch and placed them in the kitchen.  The desk was moved down beside the dining table and the hutch and pantry were moved away from walls and into the centre of the room - there really isn't anywhere for them to go, unless I take them out of the cottage.


I then moved on to remove the skirting boards and wall trims from where the new cabinets will go, otherwise the new cabinets won't sit flush against the wall.


The history of the cottage has it built with recycled material which I love and it always surprises me what you find when you remove things like the trims.  Underneath trims I found several different colours of paint, including a mauve (being a purple girl, I loved this discovery).

The new kitchen space was not the only room to be attacked over the weekend.  
I then moved on to the laundry.


The laundry now has a newly painted floor, cabinets and a bench top.  All waiting patiently for the plumber to do his thing.

You see all the work actually flows together.  The old kitchen currently holds the washing machine which needs to moved and refitted in the laundry and the existing plumbing needs to disconnected and refitted in the new space.  With the plumber coming to do the kitchen, I figured I would get him to fit out the laundry at the same time.

The kitchen countdown has begun!


Lisa xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...